Thursday, August 19, 2010

Perspective

Sometimes it takes an injury to be able to take a step back and remove your head from your own ass.  It's a small price to pay in the big picture.  I had that moment today during an ocean swim and memorialized in on my camera.

Ironman Kentucky, I'm coming, bum hip or not.  I'm giving it my best even if I'm a hobbling train wreck in the end...and I can live with that.

I'm not counting myself out of the race.  I just can't run now, and maybe not next week.  Maybe not up until race day.  But I'll swim hard and hammer the bike.  Then maybe we can all just keep our fingers collectively crossed that my body stays intact for the marathon.

Right now I'm down the shore for two shows during the 7minds reunion.  Have not seen a few of these guys in years and it's great to be playing together and just relaxing with a few beers.

Life's too precious to get all bend out of shape over the unexpected.  Just expect it and you'll move past it quicker.



No comments:

Post a Comment