Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Unsightly Politics

Gather round and let me tell ye a parable:

I walked into the locker room at the YMCA and was confronted with two naked, older (not elderly, but, say, recently retired) men having a heated discussion about politics.  They were not sequestered in a corner, but front stage; old man balls out, hands on hips bitching about this and that.  Loudly.  I don't even know if they were agreeing or arguing.  It looked like they were just taking turns speaking.

That's it.  That's the whole story.  The moral?  What can we gain from this?

I learned that there is a time and place for politics.  And readers, I promise you, after today, I will never bring them into my blog.  I used to maybe put up a political jibe here and there on FB.  No more!  Why?  Because to the innocent bystander, politics is UGLY.  People should save it till they are in an isolated area with other people who are themselves ready to engage in policy debate.  Otherwise, people who consider each other political anti-christs should just get along nicely.

I've learned much today, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment