Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Base Build I week 2

(wednesday morning entry)
Things are starting to get blurry. I apologize to all of you who I forget to call/write back. I apologize in advance to all of you I will surely, at some point or another, forget to get back to. There is definitely a solipsistic aspect to training full time while holding down a job and managing regular life affairs. The whole world becomes a little bubble revolving around training and necessities. It's terrible, and I'm doing all in my power to be a better person and friend this time around. I remember getting an email back from a pro...I don't know, maybe 4 months late haha, and she said, "Sorry, I was in 'it'. You understand." I surely did, but that doesn't mean that everyone does. So whoever notices that I suck at life, being around to talk and hangout out, and, god forbid, have fun, call me out on it! Don't be afraid, I'll appreciate it.

There are just not enough hours in the day. And when I have a free moment, well, I am so damn tired I'm useless.

I'm starting this week's blog on Wednesday and will update it as the week continues.

Monday
workout #1
Swim 3250 yards (600 w/u, 400, 300, 200, 100 (x2 tempo) 400 fins, cool down)
1.15.00

straight to
workout #2

Weight room, 1 mile warm up run then (leg press, squat (both max) abs, back extensions, and seated row)
45.00

Tuesday
workout #1
swim 2000 yrds, easy
45.00

straight to
workout #2
run 5 miles then cool down (treadmill on hill routine) 5 mile split (38.00)
45.00 n

Wednesday
Indoor bike. 3.00.00 (20 min 1 leg drills, 6x20 min tempo with 10 min recover)

Thursday
Blizzard has drivin me in for second day....
indoor bike 2.15.00
Friday
Workout #1
1.15.00 3000yrd swim with coach. Various sets and drills
workout #2
30 min weight room, maximum strength
Saturday
workout #1
50 min swim, yards n/a, mostly drills. Really learned I'm a terrible swimmer. Worked on stroke for some good results. I've been dubbed the proud creater of the 'Stevie Wonder Stroke', with my excessive swaying side to say. Also, we deterimined that I sink like a lead weight.
workout #2
1.05.00 Run through central park. Some 7.00 paced miles on hills. Felt strong

No comments:

Post a Comment